I’m no fan of posts about the Top 5 thisses or Top 10 thats, but even I can hold out against the tide for so long.
The Top 5 Top 5 Blog Posts EVAR!
- The Recycled – this list will be comprised of only of points that you’ve seen in other lists, almost definitely in the same order. Under no circumstances will credit be given.
- The Obvious – One mind-numbingly obvious point after another, with an “ooh aren’t I so helpful” attitude suffused throughout.
- The Infuriating – makes claims of being “The definitive top five ____ ever!”, while replacing several absolutely crucial entries with whatever the uninformed author sees fit.
- The Anti-funny – not only is this list not funny, but it’s trying so desperately that reading it is like losing a piece of your soul… to Carrot Top.
- The Repetitive – a rundown of slightly different wordings of the same point that even a ward of OCD patients would disregard as just too damned repetitive. In other words, each item is pretty much the same, but worded slightly differently. Or you could say they’re repetitive.
- The Neverending – has useless extra items tacked on at the end, prolonging the suffering even further.
Related Post: Good God are There a Lot of Morons on Digg